Almost a year later, and I am FINALLY getting around to recapping the rest of our trip to Europe!
After our whirlwind tour of Italy (we will definitely be back someday), it was time to head to France for the wedding of our dear friends, David and Meredith. David and I have been friends since freshman year and I have known Meredith since they started dating in college. They are a perfect match for each other, and we couldn't be happier for them!
The wedding was held in Aix-en-Provence, a charming town with a nice blend of historical and modern touches. We stayed at a small boutique hotel, Le Cardinal. I had low expectations since this was one of the cheaper hotels in the area, but it far surpassed my expectations! The room was beautiful with an original fireplace, floor to ceiling windows, a gorgeous balcony, and period furniture. Everything was antique without being stuffy, which I think is hard to pull off. It was also in a great location, just a few blocks off the main thoroughfare.
While in Aix, we were kept pretty busy with wedding events including a welcome reception, rehearsal dinner, the wedding itself, and a farewell brunch - which I will write about in another post. We did have a little time to wander the streets, window shop, eat some pastries, and stop in a beautiful church. I got a sense that the pace of life here was just right - not too busy and not too slow. I have a feeling Aix would be a lovely place to live. We would love to return to the Provence region someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment